Hope your weekend was wonderful and restful.
I got home last night from my GBB (Girl’s Behaving Badly) weekend with my childhood friends. My weekend was wonderful but I think we all feel like we can’t miss one minute of our time together so we stay up late, get up early and laugh every second in between. I can’t believe it is over and we won’t be together again for another year. I also can’t believe how exhausted I am … but I wouldn’t trade it for anything!
We always have so much to catch up on about our lives, our children and of course we re-live every crazy moment we ever shared together. The big news this year and the by far the most talked about subject was “the pregnancy”! My friend had tried for many years to get pregnant and by a true miracle is now pregnant at 45! We are thrilled for her and let her know immediately how happy we all are for her amazing news (she denies this fact). But, because we are each others oldest friends, after the congratulations comes the full blown harassment. Warning: some of the following statement may be offensive to those with no sense of humor. Read at your own risk and remember real friendship can handle all types of inappropriateness. Here are some of the best lines of the weekend:
* This baby is such a Miracle and must be coming for a reason:
– Too bad you won’t be able to remember it
– Or you will be dead.
* Have you done the math? Do you realize how old you will be at high school graduation? If not, the number is 62.
* Good thing the baby is a boy so he will be able to lift you into your wheelchair at his high school graduation. Or even better, a Little Rascal (with a basket)!
* You won’t need a stroller – you can just use a walker with that little seat on it.
* You will have so much in common with the baby – you will both be in diapers and eating soft foods.
* So sorry that the day our last kids will leave for college will be your kid’s kindergarten orientation.
The rest is probably too cruel to put into print. We were literally crying we were laughing so hard. Jen was such a good sport … although I am sure that her friends at home would never say these things to her (let’s be serious – we all know they are thinking it).
Two gals couldn’t make it this year at the last minute – such a bummer! Here is the gang watching Crazy, Stupid Love – in bed – in our pajamas. Notice the poor pregnant girl is laying across the bottom. God forbid one of us give up a “good spot”! We loved the movie and being together!
Here we are dressed and ready for dinner and shopping. What a group! I am missing them so much already!
The view … as beautiful as the respect, love and true friendship we have shared for 40 years.
Hope your life and your friendships are more heaven than havoc!